Leverage LinkedIn with Briony Liber
Learn to position yourself as an expert at this 24/7/365 online conference, find your next dream job, engage with your audience and build your career & businessWatch Promo
We used to say it’s “not what you know, but who you know”. These days the emphasis is becoming more and more about who knows you.
So how are you leveraging LinkedIn to position yourself as the person that people need to know for your particular competence and expertise?
Are you on LinkedIn and struggling to grasp how to use it to help you:
- position yourself as an expert that people need to know?
- land the ideal job that you have been after for months?
- build a business that attracts your ideal customers?
It may just be that like many people, you see it as a social media platform that is an endless waste of your time, or a place that should merely be a repository for your CV.
If you don’t know what you’re doing on LinkedIn it can feel awfully like an endless pit where your effort, energy, and enthusiasm go to die.
I get it! That was how I felt about LinkedIn at one stage because I didn't know any better!
In 2016, I left my career of 20 years in a leading mining and natural resources consultancy to reposition myself as a career and business coach for STEM professionals.
Up until then, I was pottering around on LinkedIn and not taking it seriously. I had a profile (more of a glorified CV) and that’s about all. When I started my business I realised that if I was to succeed I needed to
- build my brand,
- develop a broader network and
- position myself as a coach if my business.
I consciously and consistently started showing up on LinkedIn as my way of redefining and repositioning myself and sharing my expertise with the world.
"Active participation on LinkedIn is the best way to say,
'Look at me!' without saying 'Look at me!"
― Bobby Darnell
LinkedIn has become one of my favourite social media platforms, and an important component of my business strategy. But it was only after I started to understand its purpose a few years ago, that I really started to use it constructively.
So what is its purpose you ask?
From my perspective, LinkedIn is the equivalent of a 24/7/365 online conference where you can establish your presence through your
- profile (the equivalent of an exhibition stand)
- through your engagement (the equivalent of chatting during coffee breaks) and
- through your content (the equivalent of being the keynote speaker at the conference)
This critical shift in my mindset around what LinkedIn actually is, was all that it took to pivot LinkedIn from being a repository for my CV, to a platform for:
- building professional relationships,
- repositioning myself after changing careers,
- engaging in conversations and thought leadership,
- building a global network, and
- serving others by sharing knowledge (my own and curated content from others).
Today I have a successful coaching practice, am a sought after panellist and the Mentoring Lead for Women in Mining South Africa and I attribute a large part of that to having consistently shown up on LinkedIn and leveraged it position myself for my expertise.
After you’ve completed the online training and implemented your strategy you will be able to leverage the four pillars of a successful LinkedIn experience.
Establish your professional brand
- Complete your profile with the customer in mind. Become a thought-leader by publishing meaningful posts.
Find the right people
- Identify better prospects in less time using efficient search and research tools.
Engage with insights
- Discover and share conversation-worthy updates to create and grow relationships.
- Strengthen your network by finding and establishing trust with decision-makers.
Leverage LinkedIn and position yourself as an expert so that you can find your next dream job, engage meaningfully with your audience and build your career or business.
Get started now!
What others say
“When the Covid-19 lockdowns came into effect my speaking business all but collapsed. I had to pivot quickly and rebrand. Thanks to Briony’s LinkedIn advice I was able to build a half-decent profile and I got my first client a week after getting serious about LinkedIn. My business turned over more profit in the 200 days of lockdown than it did in the entire 2019. I ascribe a huge chunk of that success to Briony’s LinkedIn teachings.”
- Jacques de Villiers, Legacy Writer
Briony is absolutely phenomenal. Her Leveraging LinkedIn course really gave me a thorough understanding of how to structure my LinkedIn profile and to maximise the value of each section. Her ability to convey her knowledge of how LinkedIn works in very practical terms and how to leverage them to suit your specific need is brilliant - whether you are trying to be seen by recruiters or wanting to promote yourself to other professionals in the industry. She looks at common mistakes and how to avoid them, how to stand out and also how to get the most out of networking on this platform. I would highly recommend Briony to anyone looking to improve their participation and visibility on LinkedIn, and I can honestly recommend reaching out to her as a Career Coach to help you run your career like a business.
- Jessica Souden, Project Manager
I recently started working through Briony's Leverage Your LinkedIn course. I have been blown away at how well laid out the course is and how it has been broken down into manageable lessons which are perfect to complete between assignments on a busy day. I have only made a few changes to my profile so far but can definitely recommend that you try it as I have already seen the number of views on my profile increase - just from those few changes! I can't wait to carry one!
- Adrienne Brown, Entrepreneurial Accountant and Coach