Managing My Career Like a Business
Become intentional and purposeful in your career
Are you managing your career like a business? Or are you waiting and hoping something will happen?
How many of these statements are you ticking?
- I am not sure what to do to build my competence
- I wait for others to lead me rather than leading myself
- I can feel myself derailing in my career but I am not sure what to do about it
- I have no idea how to develop my own personal brand
- I speak but no one seems to listen – I feel unseen and unheard
- I am probably getting in my own way because of a negative mindset
- I am always saying yes to everyone else but struggle to make time to look after myself
- I know the world of work is changing rapidly but I don’t know how to keep pace or even get ahead.
- I know I need to surround myself with people that inspire me and support me but I don’t know how to make that happen.
If you can relate to any of these and would like to do something about it but don't know where to start, then you need to sign up and start managing your career like a business!
Learn to manage your career like a business
I believe we can and all should be the CEO of our own careers
Nobody enters the world of work knowing how to manage their careers like a business, and yet to some extent, we are all expected to be self-leaders. Some people learn the skills of self-leadership and self-management early in life while others don't have that benefit.
Self-leadership is critical to your career success, whether you are:
- starting out in your career,
- stepping up in your career, or
- changing the way you work (by choice or not).
But when we go through any transition, we often don't know what we don't know, and navigating transition can be challenging even for those equipped with years of experience.
My goal is to help you become the CEO of your career
In the process of working through this module I believe you will start to make the mindset shift that helps you to write your own career story. This course will help you develop insights that will give you a head start in levelling up in your career - at your own pace and in your own time.The curriculum has been designed to help you reflect on how effectively you are managing your career.
We offer tools to help you start taking intentional and purposeful steps towards being an active, curious and engaged CEO in the business of YOU!
You'll get access to:
- 10 videos that spell out what it means to manage your career like a business.
- Activities that you can complete to deepen your learning experience.
- A template to help create your own Career Story.
Here's the best bit...In 2019 you can enrol for FREE!
Frequently Asked Questions
The Building My Brand module helped me discover many things about my career and myself. It forced me to take a step back and do some introspection. I had to answer the questions about myself to myself (very challenging to do). There are things I have discovered about myself at the end of each activity. Halfway through the activity, office mates and friends noticed that I have changed to a better person. I have changed how I handle myself in the presence of my stakeholders. Every time when I revert to my old habits, I would say ”Amo you are a brand!! ”. Actions, reputation, stakeholders, and impact are the things that govern how I handle myself lately.
— Amogelang Moila
Understanding what you do, why you do it and who you serve are essential elements in building your career as a business. This module is all about exploring the business of being you, finding your ‘why’ and defining your value proposition.
Managing my career like a business is the cornerstone module for a 10 part course, CEO of My Career, that is currently in development and will give you insights into the value of signing up for the full course. In 2019 and part of 2020, modules will be rolling out for beta testing.
I hope to see you in this module soon!
Other modules in the CEO of My Career Course
I literally thank a friend of mine who told me about you each time I log in to the course. The information is presented with such simplicity. I have learned so much but the topics which stuck out for me were on personal leadership and remaining relevant. I’m still learning a lot about that even from additional resources. The Managing My Career Like a Business Course is very helpful to me and I can promise you after this, success is guaranteed in my life. I am hoping to register for more modules. In a nutshell, thank you so much!”
- Nthabeleng Tsokeli